RV Insurance

Do You Need RV Insurance in Texas?

RVs driven in the state will need to have the minimum liability insurance, regardless of how often you drive it. This will need to be separate from your regular auto insurance since it’s a separate vehicle. If your RV is attached to another vehicle, then it can be covered under a different policy. Even without the requirement, you want to have insurance to cover your RV to protect your investment. If your RV is leased or financed, then the dealership will also require that you have coverage. How you use the vehicle can also play a role in the amount of coverage you want to have. For example, if you live in your RV, you may not be required to have coverage for the contents, but it can help you protect your belongings.

The minimum liability insurance required is $60,000 for bodily injuries and $25,000 for property damage. Liability coverage will protect you if you cause an accident that has injuries or property damage.

What Does RV Insurance Cover in Texas?

You can work with an agent at The Dollar Agency Inc. to find the right coverage to customize your policy for your needs and your vehicle size.

  • Collision Coverage: This covers you if your RV is damaged because of an accident.
  • Comprehensive Coverage: This covers you if your RV is damaged or destroyed because of something not related to an accident, such as theft or vandalism.
  • Contents Insurance: This covers the items that you keep inside the RV.
  • Roadside Assistance: RVs break down just like automobiles do, so, with this coverage, you can get help for a tow or tire change.
  • Other Options: You may want to have some additional coverage if you take your RV outside the state or to Mexico.

Contact The Dollar Agency Inc. to get a quote on RV insurance.


for all your insurance needs!

Partner Carriers

  • Allied Trust
  • ASI (American Strategic Ins)
  • Cypress Insurance
  • Geovera
  • Hagerty
  • Nationwide Insurance
  • Progressive
  • Safeco
  • Tower Hill
  • Travelers
  • Wright Flood