Commercial Insurance Obligations in Texas
There aren’t any requirements for businesses to carry a certain type of insurance in Texas. There are many options to ensure that your business stays covered by different perils. An agent at The Dollar Agency Inc. can help you find the right insurance for your business.
Commercial Insurance Offered in Texas
You can get different coverage options and customize your policy to have the best coverage for your business. Even home-based businesses may benefit from coverage.
- A Business Owner’s Policy: This is a combination of business property insurance and general liability in one policy. This can be tailored to meet your needs and include additional insurance, such as data breach coverage. This insurance is good for a business with a physical location and business assets that can be taken and damaged and run the risk of being sued, which every business does.
- Business Income Insurance: With this policy, you can replace your income if you aren’t able to operate your business due to a covered property loss, such as lightning or fire damage. It is designed to protect your income from risk. You may consider this policy if you depend on your location to provide services.
- Professional Liability: If you provide services, you need professional liability insurance if you are found negligent in the services you have provided for a client. Some businesses that can benefit from this include accountants, consultants, and technology professionals.
- Workers Compensation Insurance: While it’s not required for private businesses, it’s recommended for most. This coverage benefits employees that have work-related illnesses or injuries. Benefits include wages from lost work, medical care, and more. It also benefits your business to provide this coverage.
- Commercial Auto Insurance: If your business has vehicles, you need to have commercial auto insurance since private insurance won’t cover any business-related use.
Contact The Dollar Agency Inc. to get a quote on commercial insurance.